Phone covenrsation turned to audio guide More...
"Change, monitor, implement"
Working group meetings More...
"Change, monitor, implement"
"Change, monitor, implement" is a project that the Center for Independent More...
Meeting with Municipality representatives
On Monday, May 23, in the office of Center More...
European Day of Independent Living
At the level of the network of Centers More...
FREEDOM DRIVE 2011
FREEDOM DRIVE 2011 DEMANDS
1. Independent living central in all relevant EU policies: ENIL calls on the European Union to continue the process of shifting the disability paradigmfrom care and welfare to human rights issues, and to ensure that IndependentLiving as a human rights issue is central in all relevant policies of the European Union. This demand is required by the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, concluded by the EU in 2010. ENIL calls for the European Parliament to require the European Commission to develop and distribute guidelines for disability policy based on the ENIL definitions of Independent Living, Personal Assistance, Universal Community Based Services and De-Institutionalisation.
2. Respecting the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons withDisabilities: ENIL calls for the immediate shift in interpreting the EU law andpolicy in light of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.The Convention provisions on Non-discrimination, Accessibility, the Right toLive in the Community and Personal Mobility must become the minimumbenchmark applied by the EU and its agents in all legislative and policyinitiatives.
3. Inclusion of people with disabilities: ENIL calls for full inclusion of disabled people through the application of the CRPD principle of Universal Design and therewith the abandonment of special solutions in all areas includingeducation, transport, housing, public services and employment. Specialsolutions lead to segregation.
4. De-institutionalisation – closure of institutions by 2020: ENIL calls for the European Union to continue to assist the development of universal community based services to achieve de-institutionalization across Europe before 2020. This through the stipulation of independent living in the EU budget andStructural Funds and with the ear-marking of funding for independent living.No European funding should go into the support of traditional or institutionalforms of living for disabled people. If funding is spent in such a way, sanctionsmust be applied.
5. Personal Assistance for all in need: ENIL calls for the implementation of our human right to personal assistance for Independent Living in all EU memberstates. The lack of personal assistance constitutes the violation of basichuman rights of disabled people.
6. Freedom of movement: ENIL calls for the opportunity to equally enjoy theright to freedom of movement with the portability of personal assistanceservices. ENIL calls for the adoption of the EU Mobility Act.
7. Independent Living in International Development Programs: ENIL calls for an earmarking of 5% of EU development funding to go to the development of Independent Living programs in developing countries.
8. Full ratification and implementation of the UN CRPD: ENIL calls on the EU to sign and ratify the optional protocol of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and for the European Union to call on its member states for full ratification and implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and of the Optional Protocol.
9. Disabled People’s Organisations in policy-making: ENIL reminds theEuropean Union that it is required under Article 4(3) of the UN Convention onthe Rights of Persons with Disabilities, to actively involve the organisations ofdisabled people and Independent Living organisations at all levels of disabilitypolicy-making including planning, producing and implementation.
NOTHING ABOUT US WITHOUT US!
New ENIL EC member from Serbia
Center for Independent Living Serbia OSI at the Serbia-EU Forum
FREEDOM DRIVE 2011
STUDY VISIT TO SLOVENIA
Step by step to the project
International Day of Persons with Disabilities, 3 December 2011
The right for work for PWDs
Development of Nis municipalities
A Place for Us
"The steps on the path of development" project
DISABLED TO KEEP FIGHTING FOR BETTER EU AIR SERVICES
Capacity building of CSOs for social services
Study visit to Budapest
CIL Serbia celebrated 15 years of work
Second seminar in Mataruska banja
Disability Convention Receives 100th Ratification
Workers With Disabilities: An Untapped Resource
A PLACE FOR US
Law for social protection
TRIBUNE “EDUCATION FOR ALL”
PLACE FOR US
Kampaign for Inclusive Education
EU RATIFIED CRPD
Good finish of 2010
THE BEST POSSIBLE NEW YEAR WISH COME TRUE
Advocacy for PA service in Novi Beograd
Comissioner for equality protection
International Day of Persons with Disability
Public transport in Belgrade
REGIONAL ROUND TABLE DEBATE
The Invisibles: disabled people in Britain
Organisations of Civil Society as service providers in social protection area
Mexico in Debt to the Disabled
Fourth workshop on CRPD
SERBIAN CANDIDATE IN UN COMMITTEE
Virtual Career and Education Day expands regionally!
Center for employment of persons with disability
LEGAL HELP TO FAMILIES OF CHILDREN WITH DISABILITY
New initiative in Bor
Promotion of project „Support to independent living of persons with disability in Serbia”
Special Advisor for International Disability Rights
Third workshop on monitoring and implementation CRPD in Serbia
Second workshop on monitoring and implementation CRPD in Serbia
Educating Students with Disabilities: Some Say It's Not Worth It
Workshop on monitoring and implementation CRPD in Serbia
INFORMATION BULLETIN - European Court of Human Rights upholds the right to vote of persons with disabilities
European Call for Protest: Inclusion - "Being there from the start"! 05 May, 2010
European Day of Solidarity between Generations, 29 April 2010 - ENIL
Rights and reality: disabled people’s experiences of accessing goods and services
ENIL calls for an end to Death by Social Indifference
Four more countries ratify CRPD
Disability Awareness in Action Newsletter
SEMINAR IN NIKSIC, MONTENEGRO
CIL in Belgrade too
We have our lives back
JOBS FOR ALL
MD persons continue hunger strike
Call for 140 financial support for 140 students with disability
Council of Europe calls for deinstitutionalisation of children with disabilities
NOTHING ABOUT US WITHOUT US: THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT DRIVES FORWARD DISABILITY RIGHTS
“Incredible stories of invisible lives” exhibition in Uzice
Draft of Law on Social Protection
30 years United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women
Opening Conference of the European Year for Combating Poverty and Social Exclusion,
The sky's the limit for disabled athletes in Serbia
CRPD Ratifications reach 76
Round table "Development the advocacy capacities of organisations of persons with disability in Serbia"
With Parthership Towards Development
FREE OUR PEOPLE NOW!
COMMEMORATING THE INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ELIMINATION OF VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
Center for Disease Control and Prevention, USA
Persons with disability in politic life everywhere
ENIL has 777 members in Facebook
Disability and policy
„Love and Kindness“ Fund
Women with disability
„A Midnight Summer Dream“
Court Cases filed in the Name of Persons with Disability
Freedom Drive 2009 - Demands
INFORMATION FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ABOUT H1N1 VIRUS
My world has changed – two stories in one
European Citizen Award
Not just a pretty Facebook
First deaf Member of Parliament is sworn in
Letter to Prime Minister Cvetkovic
PA Service in Leskovac too
International Day of Persons with Disabilities - 3 December 2009
New TV broadcast
Malta: MOTE - My Opinion My Vote
Access to persons with disability
„CLOSER TOGETHER“ PROJECT
SERBIA RATIFIED UN CONVENTION
Court case dealing with UN COnvention in Germany
WHY SHOULD EUROPE INCREASE THE MATERNITY LEAVE?
Learning disability genes found
Poland: Disabled People Excluded from EU Elections
International Autism Day
Coucil for persons with disability
My right to be healthy
International Day of Rare Diseases
PERSONAL ASSISTANCE BILLS
Disability Equality: Promoting Positive Attitudes
SERVICE IN JAGODINA
White House launched a new website today and disability issues are highlighted under the Agenda heading
Conference on Cooperation for Improvement of Disability Policy in Serbia
Workshhop on CRPD
First Committee of Experts on Disability Rights Convention Elected
GREAT SUPPORT TO ANTONIJEVIC FAMILY
Parking for everyone
Electoral rights for PWDs in Albania
The ways of integration
Finding a College That Suits Students “With Special Needs”
Another silver medal for Serbia
The Annual march for Disabled Visibility in Madrid
Good Practise/Bad Practice
UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD)
Free our People!
All... but not retard.
European Day of Disabled People 2008
Parents' fury at 'Down's Syndrome dolls'
Eurobarometer on discrimination
Less sex, less fun
Coming Soon, a Braille Silver Dollar
Roads to integration
Disability proves no barrier to Olympic inclusion
Media and Disability
Media and disability
Are there any changes in preparations for Paraolympics?
U.N Issues Stamps to Commemorate Disability Treaty
Beijing 'sorry' for offending disabled
Government unveils new package for disabled children
China Sets Gold Standard in Offending Disabled
Way to Independence
Wishes could come true
Seminar on reforms of social protection system
National Conference on Gender Equality
Mobility International Seeks Young Adults
Wal-Mart settles with applicant with disability [USA]
First Contestant with a Disability to Compete for Miss USA Title
INFO - CENTER
INACCESSIBILITY IS DISCRIMINATION!
UN Convention on PWDs rights
Conference on National strategy for Youth
Bits and pieces from Slovenija
Meeting with Bozidar Djelic
Focus group “Social services for PWDs“
SHARE SEE Grantee Training
Make a date
It's Okay to Stare... Then Engage a Question!
Sombor hosted workshop "sex, gender, disability"
Dancing Beyond Disability
Seminar HUMAN BEING AND ITS ENVIRONMENT
Project From Alternative to Standardisation
The regional group of experts in social service provision for people with disabilities
Youth Regional conference
Are we going to Europe?
Disability Guide to Disneyland Paris
POI Conference "From cause to the result: New approaches towards disability"
Open Letter to the Government, Members of National Assembly Competent Institutions and Policy Makers
Centre plan for disabled actors
An Autistic Dream
MEETING ON DISABILITY ISSUES IN SERBIA
A PARAGIDM SHIFT FROM 'CHARITY' TO 'RIGHTS AND DIGNITY'
New Visa rules
Disabled rights champion honoured
Map of the World
Serbia is going to sign UN CRPD
WORKSHOP IN CAIRO
Seminar on Women with Disabilities
Adaptation of living environment for Persons with Disabilities
Program „Contact Organisations from the Civil Society”
Community Living for Disabled People Must Be Made a Priority
Celebrating 3rd December
Celebrating the 3rd December 2007
FILM FESTIVAL OBSERVING 3 DECEMBER
National Umbrella Organisation mark 3rd of December
ENDING OF SHARE SEE TRAINING PROGRAM
SHARE SEE IV MODULE – NISKA BANJA
IMPORTANT DAYS TO CELEBRATE
To Ministry of Labor and Social Policy
SHARE SEE training in Predejane
Recognising the Rights of Girls and Women with Disabilities
SHARE SEE IV MODULE IN SMEDEREVO
Creation the Local Plans of Actions in Disability Area
SHARE SEE IV MODULE – BELGRADE
TODAY IS THE DAY OF UN
Goodbye mouse hello voice controls